Planning & Economic Development
The City of Corning is a vibrant community which combines a small town feel with amenities often found in larger metropolitan areas.
- Home to the World Headquarters of Corning Incorporated, a Fortune 500 company
- Safe Neighborhoods and Affordable Housing
- Located within a 2-hour drive of Rochester and Syracuse.
- Regional Airport with direct flights to Detroit, Philadelphia, and Orlando
- 20 minutes from Watkins Glen International Raceway
- Public Schools with International Baccalaureate Program.
- Community College with 4-Year Transfer Programs
- Local Library, Hospital, and Museums
If you are looking to relocate or expand your business here in Corning, we can provide you with technical assistance. The Planning & Economic Development Department provides assistance in a variety of areas
- Project management services including coordination with federal, state and local agencies
- Identifying available grants, loans and financing
- Identifying commercial sites and buildings
- Providing demographic and statistical data
- Coordinating environmental reviews
- Understanding compliance with zoning and code compliance.
If you are interested in undertaking a project in Corning, please call us.
Steve Dennis, Planning & Economic Development Director
607-962-0340 ext. 1117
M-F 8:00 am - 4:30 pm